Developers have appealed Cheshire East’s decision to refuse plans to build hundreds of new homes at Ilford Way.
This appeal will be handled through a Public Inquiry to be held on 4th May 2016 Alderley Park Conference Centre, Congleton Road, SK10 4TG
Please note this is not a new application but an appeal against the refusal of the application for 375 homes made in early 2014.
RAMS and the Parish Council will be key parties at the inquiry, presenting evidence from specialist witnesses via a planning Barrister. However this is an extremely expensive endeavour, with costs likely to be over £20,000.
£15,000 of this has been ringfenced by the Parish Council and the Mobberley Village Society, but we urgently need donations from residents to make up the remaining £5000.
How Can Residents Donate?
Online – RAMS have setup an online donation site on Localgiving, click here www.localgiving.org/mobberleyrams/
Cheque – Cheques should be written out to ‘Mobberley Parish Council’ and returned to: Mobberley Parish Council, Town Lane, Mobberley, Knutsford, WA16 7GH by post or dropped through the Rajar Building postbox.
Every donation received will go directly towards the costs of the Public Inquiry
Frequently Asked Questions…
1. Can I attend the Public Inquiry? – YES. We’re actively encouraging as many residents as possible to attend and fill the public gallery.
2. How long will the Inquiry last? – Possibly 6 days, but this entirely depends on the evidence presented.
3. How else can we help? – Contributing and sharing the donation website details would be fantastic. Please keep an eye on www.facebook.com/groups/RAMSMobberley and www.mobberleyrams.com for further requests for help.
4. If the decision to reject the plan is upheld at the Inquiry, what next? – It would more than likely mean the end of potential residential development on the Ilford Way site.
5. What evidence are we presenting? – As well the ward and parish councillors providing evidence we have a range of expert witnesses here in the village, including a Chartered Town Planner, Traffic Consultant, Architect and Acoustic Noise Specialist who have spent a huge amount of their professional time free of charge on this case and should be congratulated.
Our “Proofs Of Evidence” have covered a comprehensive range of issues including aircraft noise, sustainability, traffic, schooling and the overall impact on the village – these can be downloaded at http://evidence.mobberleyrams.com and will be available for all residents to review at the Rajar Building on Town Line.